Saturday, September 18, 2004

Day 1

I have two more days until I began my 3rd short-term contract for a San Diego school district.
I will be teaching English Intercession at a middle school in order to give at-risk students an opportunity to improve their grades in English. I taught this same kind of class for Spring Intercession 2004. I used thematic teaching based on a novel and incorporated several of the key writing assignments that are required by the California State Standards.
The curriculum also included lessons on MLA formatting, research, and computers.
I intend to simplify English Intercession this fall and concentrate on about HALF the amount of content covered last time.
I hope that narrowing the scope will increase their depth of understanding in a few key areas of middle school English.

I wish I were watching the sunset right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Thanks! I am actually assigned to 7th grade Math now and yes it is very prescribed, now doubt.

September 23, 2004 at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home